About Me

My photo
Hellooooooo.. My Name's Heena and my blog will show you everything you need to know about my media coursework. The task was to create a short film so you can see my research, planning, and evaluations stages.. Enjoy :D

Sunday 28 August 2011

Research on the film 'Ray'



This film is a great story about the famous musician Ray Charles. It tells the tale about how he found fame and broken through the genre of 'Rhythm & Blues'. I chose to analyse this film in particular is it is one of the very few which has a similar narrative to ours. 

The story begins as Ray is an ordinary person and his journey through a life changing experience. Being blind himself, I was able to get an insight into how people with blindness struggle through everyday tasks and how they over come particular fears and obstacles. 

I noted that the film has a lot of close up shots to show the characters facial expressions. - Mainly when he was struggling through obstacles we take for granted. This has given me a great idea to include shots similar to the ones used in Ray in our film. Not only does it allow the audience to be able to see the characters emotions but it allows them to connect to the character and feel closer to them, even feel sympathy. 

I have noticed that there is a lot of slow paced music throughout the film. It relates to his blindness and the struggles he faces. The music creates more sympathy and builds up the narrative. It also keeps the audiences' attention and keeps them glued on screen.  Therefore, I think we should definitely include slow paced music in our film as it will build up the narrative, keep audiences' attention and generally makes the story a lot more interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment