About Me

My photo
Hellooooooo.. My Name's Heena and my blog will show you everything you need to know about my media coursework. The task was to create a short film so you can see my research, planning, and evaluations stages.. Enjoy :D

Sunday 28 August 2011

Research on the film 'Blindness'



Blindness is about an epidemic blindness that has spread across the whole nation. Nobody can see except for one person who has to guide others. I chose to analyse this film as I thought it was similar to our narrative in the sense of people going through struggles and having to overcome obstacles.


When analysing this film I noticed that a majority of the settings where in white or very pale colours such as light blue. From this I can connote that the film has underlying messages of sympathy and empathy. The colours are used to make the audience feel sorry for the characters and gain the audiences' sympathy. Therefore I think it will be a good idea to use such colours in our film. They set the tone of the film and create the right environment in which to portray such a narrative. 


I also noticed that a lot of chilling music has been used throughout the film. This combined with all the other elements in the film created a very chilling environment as well as a very unhappy one. Again I think it would be a good idea to use such music, slow and with a very simple tune. Perhaps even just a piano playing or simplistic instruments such as a violin or an acoustic guitar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment